The aims and purpose of the new journal is to create international visibility and a stronger scientific profile for the research field of extended education.
The International Journal for Research on Extended Education is published by a group of internationally renowned educational researchers. To ensure a high scientific standard it is subject to a rigorous peer review process and targets primarily the scientific community in this field. Theoretical papers, basic empirical research, and applied research aimed at addressing practical and policy issues are welcome from researchers from the widest range of disciplines including psychology, education, sociology, political science and education economics.
The International Journal for Research on Extended Education has three parts:
- a main section comprising three or four papers dedicated to differentiated topic areas (main topic),
- a section consisting of papers on freely chosen topics in the area of extended education and
- review articles.
IJREE publishes only original papers (For IJREE an original paper is a presentation of new scientific findings or insights which have not been previously published to any substantial extent in print or Internet publications). By submitting a manuscript the author declares that his or her contribution in no way has been or will be published in another journal. IJREE strives for clear and concise language and asks authors to pay attention to the quality of the language of their articles.
Basic Structure of the Journal
The journal will appear biannually in English only and will be published by the Verlag Barbara Budrich in both electronic as well as in paper form. Each issue will be comprised of about 120 pages and a detailed list for annual subscription rates can be found here.
The journal consists of a main topic, which will be covered by 3-4 articles and additional 2-3 articles on a freely chosen topic (a single article consists of about 15 pages each). Also included in the journal is a section containing book reviews, covering current topics from the field of extended education as well as a section with information on latest developments, conferences, programmes, etc.
- Prof. Dr. Ludwig Stecher and PD Dr. Sabine Maschke, University of Giessen (editors in charge)
- Prof. Dr. Eckhard Klieme and Dr. Natalie Fischer, Leibniz-Institute for Educational Research and Educational Information, Frankfurt
- Prof. Dr. Alan Dyson, University of Manchester, Great Britain
- Prof. Dr. Joe Mahoney, Department of Education, University of California, Irvine and University of California
- Dr. Denise Huang, Los Angeles National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing (CRESST)
- Prof. Dr. Manuela du Bois-Reymond, Leiden University/Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Fuyuko Kanefuji, Department of Education, College of Human Sciences, Tokiwa University, Japan
- Prof. Dr. Marianne Schüpbach, Institute of Educational Science, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Dr. Björn Haglund and Asst. Prof. Dr. Anna Klerfelt, University of Gothenborg, Sweden, Institute of Education and Communication
- Prof. Dr. SangHoon Bae, SungKyunKwan University, Department of Education, South Korea
The publisher Barbara Budrich Publishers was founded by Barbara Budrich in 2004.
The publisher provides high quality academic books and journals in the fields of social sciences and the humanities, for research, teaching, and learning. The list encompasses English and German titles.
Verlag Barbara Budrich
Tel.: (+49) (0)2171.344.594
Fax: (+49) (0)2171.344.693